PGI Steel manufactures custom steel machine tables with precision ground and machined table tops. Structural steel bases, machine bases and frames are fabricated from 2 – 4″ hollow, square steel tubing or the material of your choice.
We manufacture A36 Steel Table Tops, including flame cutting large and thick plate burnouts, precision surface grinding to close tolerances, and machining to specifications via our two G&L Horizontal Mills or our large capacity CNC machining centers. Furthermore, we can cut steel table tops from one of several grades of plate in inventory depending upon the hardness or wear resistance needed for your application. We manufacture machine tables according to your specifications. Please, take a moment to view these custom steel machine tables, machine bases, machine platforms, and robotics tables as examples of our work.
Mounting Platforms & Machine Bases
- 2″, 3″ or 4″ Square Hollow Tube H-Type Frames
- Your custom design: size, dimensions & type
- Strong Welded Frames: 2″, 3″ or 4″ square tubing
- Custom-size footpads available
- A36 plate table top, Blanchard Ground
- 0.50″, 0.75″, 1.00″, 1.25″, 1.50″, 2.00″ and thicker tops
- Custom Machined bores, holes, reams, t-slots, and keyways available
- Custom paint color / type available upon request
Steel Plate Machine Platforms & Machine Bases
- Your Design Engineering: Custom Applications
- A36 Steel Plate base frame, side frames & top frame
- A36 steel pads
- Heavy-duty gusset supports
- Pre-drilled & precision machined holes
- Blanchard Ground to close tolerances up to 45″ tall
- Custom paint epoxy or enamel available
Custom Machine Bases
PGI Steel manufactures custom steel machine bases. Rather than mounting new machinery on a plain concrete floor, machine manufacturers may recommend mounting large equipment onto a machine base or a floor plate. A steel platform serves as a precise foundation for the attached apparatus in addition to serving as structural support for the concrete foundation. Many times, these machine platforms have pre-drilled holes for mounting to a concrete floor. The cut-outs provide clearance, and drilled or tapped holes allow for mounting the machine on the plate.
A heavy machine might require a pre-fabricated, precision steel table or base. When a machined plate supports machinery, the equipment can be worked on from below, increasing clearances, while hydraulic fluid reservoirs, coolant hoses, and electrical service can be routed from beneath.
Our Blanchard Grinders can handle plates up to 14,000 lbs. with a maximum 128″ corner-to-corner swing. Our close tolerance surface grinders can reach 30″h x 36 “x 200” at:
- .001″ parallelism
- .0015” to .002″ per foot flatness
- .001″ thickness
With some of the largest grinders in the country, we offer Blanchard & Surface grinding services and routine maintenance services for select steel mills, machine shops, and steel fabricators.
Steel Fabricating Experience
Our highly skilled fabricators, plate cutters, grinders, and machinists have years of experience crafting custom steel plate products at PGI Steel. Whatever type of machine base, work platform, pedestal, workbench, work table, steel foundation or fabricated stand you can pre-engineer, we have the know-how and the experience to build your bases to your design.