Machine Tables Built to Custom Specifications
PGI Steel manufactures custom steel machine tables with precision ground and machined table tops. Structural steel bases and machine bases and frames are fabricated from 2″ – 4″ hollow, square steel tubing or the material of your choice. We manufacture A36 Steel table tops, including flame cutting large and thick plate burnouts, precision surface grinding to tighter tolerances, and machining to specifications via our large capacity Giddings & Lewis mills or our large capacity CNC machining centers. Furthermore, we can cut steel table tops from one of several grades of plate in inventory depending upon the hardness or wear resistance needed for your application. We manufacture machine tables according to your specifications.
Mounting Platforms & Machine Tables
- 2″, 3″ or 4″ square hollow tube H-Type frames
- Your custom design: size, dimensions & type
- Strong welded frames: 2″, 3″ or 4″ square tubing
- Custom footpads available to your specifications.
- Steel plate table tops, Blanchard ground 0.50″, 0.75″, 1.00″, 1.25″, 1.50″, 2.00″ and thicker tops
- Custom machined bores, holes, reams, t-slots, and keyways available
- Custom paint color / type available upon request
Custom Machine Bases
PGI Steel manufactures custom steel machine bases. Rather than mounting new machinery on a plain concrete floor, machine manufacturers may recommend mounting large equipment onto a machine base or a floor plate. A steel platform serves as a precise foundation for the attached apparatus in addition to serving as structural support for the concrete foundation. Many times, these machine platforms have pre-drilled holes for mounting to a concrete floor. The cut-outs provide clearance, and drilled or tapped holes allow for mounting the machine on the plate.
A heavy machine might require a pre-fabricated, precision steel table or base. When a machined plate supports machinery, the equipment can be worked on from below, increasing clearances, while hydraulic fluid reservoirs, coolant hoses, and electrical service can be routed from beneath.
Our Blanchard grinders can handle plates up to 14,000 lbs. with a maximum 128″ corner-to-corner swing. Our close tolerance surface grinders can reach 30″ x 36″ x 200″ at:
- .001″ parallelism
- .0015” to .002″ per foot flatness
- .001″ thickness
Steel Plate Machine Platforms & Machine Bases
– Grade ASTM A36 steel plate base frame, side frames & top frame
– Grade ASTM A36 steel pads
– Heavy-duty gusset supports
– Continuous stream MIG welding
– Pre-drilled & precision machined holes
– Blanchard ground to close tolerances up to 45″ tall
– Custom paint epoxy or enamel available