CNC Machining Steel Plate
At PGI Steel, we have over 30,000 sq. ft. dedicated to machining. We are equipped to handle a wide variety of custom steel parts, from small pieces to projects as large as 162” long, 110” wide and up to 42” tall. We have highly experienced machinists that have served the needs of over 6,000 clients across multiple industries and manufacturing companies. PGI Steel continues to build our knowledgeable staff with an in-house apprenticeship program and cross-training opportunities. We also have a dedicated inspections department that examines each machined part to ensure the highest quality workmanship for your job.
CNC machining (Computer Numerical Control) uses computers to control machine tools including lathes, mills, routers and grinders.
There are many advantages to using CNC machining:
- faster and more precise than manual machining
- can be repeated in exactly the same manner
- can produce complex shapes that would be almost impossible to achieve with manual machining
CNC turning is a slightly different process compared to CNC machining. CNC turning relies upon computer-controlled machines, but creates a different end product. CNC turning is used to create parts with round or tubular shapes created from larger pieces of material.
PGI offers CNC lathe services which feature live tooling, allowing us to produce a complex part in fewer set ups and lowers your cost.
PGI Steel also has a variety of manual machines, such as horizontal mills, planer mills and other small manual mills to support the machine shop.
Single Source Solution for Machining Jobs
- Johnford Vertical, 109” Y-Axis x 162″ X-Axis x 42″ Z-Axis
- Doosan DBM 2540, 98.5″ Y-Axis x 167″ x X-Axis x 31.5″ Z-Axis
- Takumi DCM 3020 Vertical, 78” Y-Axis x 122″ X-Axis x 31″ Z-Axis
- Yama Seiki Vertical (Two Machining Centers), 31″ Y-Axis x 63″ X-Axis x 31″ Z-Axis
- Yama Seiki Lathe, 18.1″ swing x 115″ Length w/ Live Tooling
- G & L Horizontal Boring Mills, 83” X axis x 134” Y axis x 36″ Z axis (2 machines)
- Radial Arm Drills (2 machines)
- Universal Mills (2 machines)
- Flex Arm Tapping Machines (2 machines)