Long and Flat Steel Bars
PGI Steel manufactures custom steel parts from steel plate and flat steel bar. In addition, we offer excellent pricing for stock lengths, custom cut and ground flat steel bar. We also have competitive pricing for grinding plates and bars of any size.
PGI has been Blanchard grinding and surface grinding steel bar to tight tolerances since 1971.
Furthermore, we maintain several grades of alloy plate and carbon steel plate in inventory, including ASTM A36, A514, A572 Grade 50, 1045 and 4140.
Give us a call to quote 4140 PH, A2, D2, 1018 and other cold roll bar stock and tool steels.
Off the shelf and cut to specs: HR Bar, A36 Bar and 4140 Bar, including 4140 AN and 4140 PH.
Please, note the following for bar cut to length and/or ground:
- Grade of steel bars
- Quantity, thickness x width x length
- Grinding tolerances for thickness (+/- .005)
- Parallelism and flatness tolerances
Available: ground sides, ground edges, and milled ends.
Pre-ground bar available, call for availability. Standard tolerances for stock thicknesses and widths of hot roll bar and cold roll bar (example HR 1/2″ x 2″ x 144″).
We offer random length bar, as there are industry standard offers and requests for random lengths. We also offer saw cutting to length. Please, specify your length tolerance requests.
Hot Rolled Steel
Our specialty niche market: flat, parallel to thickness steel parts. Whatever number of parts you need, and whatever size, shape or grade of steel you need, we can handle your order. Our mission is to provide:
- The highest “quality of work” in the heavy steel parts industry.
- On-time deliveries, minimal transportation costs, freight insured.
- Hot rolled steel bar standard inventory
Standard inventory includes thicknesses up to 8″ thick for ASTM A36 plate. Please, call us for your HR plate & HR bar requirements up to 22″ thick.
HR or HRS = Hot Rolled or Hot Rolled ASTM A36 Bar available as standard stock or cut to size.
- AISI 1020 chemistry plate
- A572 HSLA Grade 50 – flame and plasma cut bar available
- A514 high-strength wear plate
- A516 pressure vessel steel
- 1045 HR or Annealed
- 1045 bar flame cut or plasma cut only
- 4140 HR or Annealed
- 4140 bar available cold rolled or hot rolled
Specialty Steels: Available Upon Request